Saturday, February 7, 2009

Heavy D "long distance girlfriend" music video (DAPP Videos)

boogieb: yeah apparently Heavy does reggae... kinda dapp though. And grammy nominated, holla


"I'm Jamaican by birth," the emcee formerly known as "Waterbed Hev" told LA Weekly. "And I've always had one foot in Reggae and one foot in Hip Hop. In the past, I've done records with all the greats like Super Cat, Coco Tea, Frankie Paul...and the list goes on. I was never really allowed to do it in my major situation because it wasn't as profitable for them as it would've been for me to do a traditional Hip Hop album."

"For better or worse, I'm the one making all the decisions," Hev adds. "Not only is [Reggae] forgotten, I don't think it was ever even thought of. It is the birthplace of Hip Hop. The idea of two turntables and a microphone comes from Jamaica, by way of Kool Herc. But you can't blame that on the kids, they only know what they know." -Heavy D
 (via hiphopdx)
check his album "vibes":

tracklistings:
01. Long Distance Girl
02. No Matter What
03. Queen Majesty 
04. Love Me Like This (ft. Barrington Levy)
05. My Love Is All I Have
06. Hugs And Kisses
07. Private Dancer (ft. Sizzla)
08. Delilah
09. Chasing Windmills
10. Sincere

No comments:

Post a Comment