Saturday, November 29, 2008

FADER 58: Kanye West Cover Story and Interview (DAPP News)

Kanye West cover story 1

"I used to feel this sense of entitlement that's completely immature. I needed to really get past that. It's been a great detriment to people liking me, me being a spoiled baby, and people still make jokes about it, but they don't realize I'm not that same person."

"There's gonna be people that, as big as a celebrity I am, really just discover me on this album. I want my music to be played the same place you could play a Feist song, but I want it to still work in a strip club, still work in a car....I go to Starbucks every day, listen, look at the CD rack, and I'm like, I'm not here. I could easily give up and be like, Well, I'm black and I'm a rapper, or I could be like Man, what could I do to get here? You only got one life and sh*t. Who's to say what you can and can't do?"

"What I want is for people to realize at this point is, I don't give a f*uck. That's why I made this album. I'm using auto-tune because I don't give a f*ck. I like the way it sounds."
-Kanye West


read full interview: here

No comments:

Post a Comment